2011年3月8日星期二

Maybe MBT can arrange to have the same judge in case he is ever put on trial

Maybe MBT can arrange to have the same judge in case he is ever put on trial.

Someone recently asked me, “Why is it that you say America cannot be a republic and an empire?”

Well, my friend, here is your answer: The Secretary of the United States Air Force wants to shoot you

with microwave weapons in order, he says, to justify shooting them at foreigners.

“If we’re not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to

use it in a NIKE SHOXtime situation [and we really want to shoot them at foreigners as soon as

possible].”

Now comes the test. Will he be immediately fired, or will we all soon see hippies burning on TV?

Continuing yesterday’s theme, Cecily Kaiser, a children’s book editor, talks about her experience:

I was on the subway, on my way to work, when the first plane hit the tower on Sept 11th, 2001. When I

emerged on Houston Street and walked two blocks down Broadway to my office, I noticed a plume of gray

smoke in the otherwise cloudless sky “ when I stopped to look up, one other guy on the street joined

my gaze. Otherwise, the bustle of Broadway at 9am continued unfazed. The elevator up stopped on several

floors, and from each escaped surreal gasps, screams, or sobs. I reached the penthouse café just after

the second plane hit, and saw the burst of fire and ash out our two-story southern exposure. I

witnessed the first building fall from within these windows; afterNIKE SHOXds, we were evacuated. Most

of us simply began walking uptown. One stranger among us was wearing a walkman and announced when the

second tower fell “ we all stopped, turned to look, and kept on walking.

没有评论:

发表评论