2011年3月30日星期三

Ran and I both have a Yom Kippur theme going today


Ran and I both have a Yom Kippur theme going today. What are the odds?


As a supplement to today’s article, “Toward a Meaningful Yom Kippur,” I’ll include these lines from Leonard Cohen:


You who build these altars now

to sacrifice these children,

you must not do it anymore MBT Staka,

A scheme is not a vision

and you never have been tempted

by a demon or a god.

You who stand above them now,

your hatchets blunt and bloody,

you were not there before,

when I lay upon a mountain

and my father’s hand was trembling

with the beauty of the Word.MBT Salama Sandals


–from “Story of Isaac”


I think this pretty well Mbt Unono captures the madness of the pseudoreligious militarism that plagues the Middle East (not just Israel).

没有评论:

发表评论