2011年3月31日星期四

Dodgers fan balks at the chance to have lunch with Frank McCourt

I gotta be honest: if John Malone, the CEO of Liberty Media — owner of my Atlanta Braves — invited me to have lunch with him, I’d probably balk too. I mean, really, what would we have to talk about? Our vast land holdings? Our fights with the FCC? The awkwardness of the fact that, in all likelihood, I know far more about the Atlanta Braves than he does? I mean, sure, if I could take him to Ted’s Montana Grill and talk about its namesake like he was my ex-girlfriend, pining for the days when he ran my team it would be fun. But really, I’d probably give it a pass. But do you do the same thing if you’re a Dodgers fan? This guy did, according to Bill Plaschke of the L.A.

Times:* After all these years, Brian Gadinsky was invited to lunch with the owner of the Dodgers. And he turned it down. He turned it down for the same reason he had earlier trashed his season-ticket renewal notice, which led to the invitation in the first place. MBT Moja He turned it down because it would mean breaking bread with Frank McCourt, and he is done with Frank McCourt. “My friends all asked me if I was crazy,” Gadinsky said. “I told them, no, I am just tired. …

I am tired of being loyal to a man who has not returned that loyalty.” I guess I can see that. Of course, given that this is likely the only shot Gadinsky will ever have to slip McCourt a mickey, he probably should reconsider. *Note: Plaschke continues to be the world’s worst abuser of the one-sentence paragraph writing style. Which is MBT Kisumu 2, almost a awful as certain diseases, so when I block quote him I compress the paragraphs for readability. Bill: don’t do this anymore. It does not add gravitas to your prose. It makes things harder to read. It tips us all off to the fact that you are tasked with filling MBT Lami Shoes,column inches and not telling interesting stories. Which is a shame when, as you often do, you have an interesting story. Cut it out, OK?

没有评论:

发表评论