2011年3月24日星期四

Readers, I never finished that sentence

Readers, I never finished that sentence. First, Grover turned to me, whistled for silence in the suite, and then took my tumbler of single-malt, walked slowly over to the wet bar, and ceremoniously dumped it in the sink. Suddenly I felt a hand on my neck and a couple of hands in the small of my back, and before I knew it, four or five of my new friends were hustling me out of the suite, into the elevator, and right out one of Madison Square Garden’s service entrances on the 31st Street side. Rich Lowry followed me down, roughly tossed my laptop and my no-bid Najaf contract to me, and said, “you should know that you’re now back on the Lynne List. And if you blog about this, you French-fried flip-flopper, you can just forget about boarding an airplane for the next four years.”

Raed Jarrar:
I called one of my friends at Najaf today, Dr. Haidar, and he was telling me how catastrophic the situation in the city is. He said that the number of CIVILIANS killed is 950, and another 1570 were injured which is more than 5 times the number of mbt shoesis killed and injured in Najaf during the 2003 war.
Haidar used to work in the main hospital in Najaf before the UGG Sheepskin Army closed it some months ago because they were attacked by mbt shoesi fighters from the hospital, and the hospital was never re-opened.

没有评论:

发表评论