2011年4月6日星期三

I started speaking at events

I started speaking at events like chamber of commerce small business luncheons, women's groups, sales meetings and leads group meetings about 3 years ago. I found that by doing so, it really catapulted me into more of an expert role in my industry. People looked to me as more of the go-to person for marketing in their area plus I got a lot more free publicity in the local papers and business journals.

Speaking can be a challenge for many in regards to the following:

- Who do you speak in front of?

- How do you initiate a speaking gig?

- How do you prepare for a speaking presentation?

- How do you know what topics are of interest?

- How do you capitalize on the publicity you could potentially receive?

- How do you promote yourself during the talk?

- What do you bring or handout to promote yourself?

- How do you follow up after a speaking gig?

没有评论:

发表评论