2011年1月9日星期日

Last April, the One Story staff attended the AWP conference in Denver

Last April, the One Story staff attended the AWP conference in Denver. I took a few extra days to visit

Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods, so when I arrived at the scene where Freda’s mother points out the

mountains and explains that they’re the leftover bones from the Nephilim, I could see exactly what she

was describing. This is a story that could have only been inspired by the mountains of Colorado. Read

L. Annette Binder’s Q&A to learn more about this story.


Join us this week as we host two talks at The Center for Fiction, as part of our Craftwork series.

On Tuesday evening, S.J. Rozan (author of On The Line) will help you plot your mystery or suspense

novel. Then Wednesday evening, Jennifer Egan (A Visit from the Goon Squad) will give a lecture on

character.

General admission to the talks are $8, but it’s FREE for OS subscribers. Or, you can also donate a

book for The Center’s NYC Schools Program for your admission. How cool is that?

Hope to see you there!


How do you spark your creativity? I think it can happen in many ways. But mostly for me it comes as a

result of doing something. I have to take action. I can't just sit still and suddenly be creative,

although sitting still and being quiet and contemplative can give me creative ideas.

没有评论:

发表评论